The United Nations Children’s Fund UNICEF announces job vacancy of Child Survival & Development Officer, in the African nation Libya. The Child Survival and Development Officer will be responsible to assist in planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Health & Nutrition and WASH program within the country program in line with UNICEF Goal Area one, four and five respectively. The incumbent will also be accountable for effective technical and program support to facilitate the application, and adaptation of UNICEF policies and strategies at field level to achieve strategic priorities and objectives.
- Quality technical contributions to the development and implementation of Integrated Health & Nutrition and WASH strategies.
- Ensures that proper establishment of work plan and objectives, effective implementation support, and timely deliverance of results and outputs.
- Similarly, monitoring the project implementation progress and evaluating for adjustment, acceleration, and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Ensures the accountability of UNICEF and Government for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of program funds for Health & Nutrition and WASH.
- Maintaining effective coordination as well as working relationships with internal and external counterparts for advocacy, information sharing, and knowledge networking.
- Furthermore, ensuring emergency preparedness and contributes to emergency responses with effective coordination in WASH, Nutrition and health sectors.
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- In addition to that, two years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child survival and development and/other related areas.
- Relevant experience in health, nutrition, WASH and related areas, program/project development.
- Similarly, experience in management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Moreover, the experience in both development and humanitarian contexts will be an advantage.
Furthermore, fluency in English and Arabic is necessary.
Here the official link which contains more information about this Job Vacancy at UNICEF in Libya.