Job vacancy at United Nations in Lebanon
Position: Fuel Assistant at the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon
In particular, the Fuel Assistant will be liable to assist Fuel Program support service for the following duties
- Carries out random and routine fuel quantity inspections and verifications as well as completes detailed reports of inspection results for review by Supervisor and/or Chief, Fuel Unit.
- Assists with daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of fuel receipts and issues.
- Similarly, s/he will assist in implementing fuel-related quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) policies and procedures.
- Performs regular inspections; maintain, operate and repair fuel receipt/storage/supply facility and equipment; and also arrange for supply & distribution of fuel and associated data capture products to end-users.
- Conducts inspections and verifications of Multi-Generator sites and kilowatt (kW) hour meter counters.
- Assists and also advise military contingents on fuel ordering/fuel requesting/ fuel reporting/fuel accounting to ensure full compliance with Mission SOPs.
- Provides regular advice and guidance to incoming military staff on the Missions fuel program integrity practices; provide briefings to new staff on program integrity practices as/when required.
- Carries out random and routine Quality Control inspections in compliance with Mission SOPs
- Conducts fuel meter inspections and verify calibration as/when required.
- Records odometer/hour meters/power meter’s data from UNOE and COE equipment and verify fuel consumption and equipment usage data.
- Furthermore, performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. However, additional training in fuel operations/handling and quality control is desirable.
- In addition to that, at least years of progressively responsible experience in the operation of field fuel installations and fuel handling procedures or fuel contract administration or maintenance/repair of fuel equipment.
- A valid driver’s license.
Recruitment against this position is on a local basis; applicants in the General Service category shall meet the relevant employment requirements of the host country (Lebanon), including fulfilling visa or work permit stipulations. If you fulfill the visa and work permit stipulations for Lebanon, please specify in your cover letter and attach a copy of your visa and work permit under “attachments” of your application in Inspira.