Jobs at Chelsea Football Club, London, England
Position: Head of Commercial Finance at Chelsea FC Finance Team
The Chelsea FC invites passionate, energetic and dynamic Finance Officer to join the Finance Section of the best football team of London. The appointee will be managing a finance team to deliver Club-wide core finance activities including budgeting, forecasting, data analytics, and business partnering to non-financial managers throughout the business.
In particular, the incumbent will be doing the following duties
- Manage and deliver key operational activities, such as short term and long term budgeting, monthly management accounting, treasury management, project appraisals, policy management, and governance.
- Provides financial analysis and information to facilitate change by working closely with the Finance Business Partners and FP&A’s across all aspects of the group.
- Provides analysis and insight that connects financial reporting to the Club strategy.
- Delivers targeted strategic thinking across the group as well as demonstrates. Leads the concept of adding value to the business.
- Understands and interprets industry-specific information, economic trends and competitor landscape intelligence.
- Similarly, s/he will deliver key information and analytics around commercial performance.
- Responsible for improving the impact and understanding of financial reporting across the Club.
- Champions as well as delivers effective financial operational controls, procedures and systems.
- Initiates and leads change to ensure best practice approaches and continual improvement across the whole finance team to better support the business and its needs.
- Understands and works within sector requirements and guidelines.
- Also, effectively managing a team of 7 direct reports, with a combined commercial finance team of 24 people.
- Ensuring that the team works efficiently in delivering their responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Furthermore, s/he will be providing effective development and mentoring across the commercial finance team.
The ideal candidate must have the following things to be part of the Financial Team of the Champions League-winning team
- Higher education and qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA or CIMA with a minimum of 5 years of relevant position experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working with others in large, matrixed organizations and successfully design and delivery creative and measurable projects and programs that bring greater financial understanding and operational excellence.
- An influencer that can both support day to day operations and shape the strategy and direction of the business
- High level of commercial awareness and the ability to understand the specific nature of financing and revenue generation in a sports club environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy coupled with IT literacy and the ability to gather both quantitative and qualitative data and analyze and interpret it and communicate conclusions and recommendations in a clear and compelling way.
- Demonstrate a confident and persuasive communication style (verbal and written) that adapts to the audience.
- Similarly, the ability to present and communicate complex information in a simple and compelling way.
- Has the ability to propose, justify, initiate and implement change and problem-solving.
- Similarly, demonstrable ability to build relationships, negotiate, facilitate and manage conflict resolution.
- Assertive, self-starter who works effectively and efficiently whilst demonstrating resilience and responsiveness to issues in a rapidly changing environment. Similarly, the ability to work with senior stakeholders to persuade and challenge in the face of resistance and ambiguity.
- Excellent team working skills which embody proactivity, enthusiasm, and a hands-on approach
- Furthermore, appreciation and experience of working with sensitive and confidential information.
Chelsea Football Club is one of the most successful football clubs in the world which competes in the English Premier League, Champions League, Community Shield Cup, FA Cup, and prestigious football leagues.