Jobs at Human Rights Watch, Germany
Position: Associate Director at the Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (HRW)
- In collaboration with the Berlin Development Director and the Germany Development Manager, develop a fundraising plan and build financial support for the organization by researching, identifying, cultivating, and soliciting gifts and general support funds from supporters and donor prospects in Frankfurt and Rhein/Main Area, and increasingly throughout the region.
- Direct and manage all aspects of the Frankfurt Committee including facilitating committee meetings, working groups, and communications.
- Similarly, providing administrative and fundraising guidance for the committee and council members in the Rhein/Main area.
- Soliciting the members of the Frankfurt Committee and developing their networks to support the organization’s ongoing work.
- Develop, plan and coordinate the production of HRW’s annual Voices for Justice Dinner in Frankfurt, and additional fundraising, outreach, and cultivation events in Frankfurt and Rhein/Main Area.
- Similarly, deliver output in a timely manner and be consistent with the agreed strategy and priorities of the Development and Outreach department.
- Represent the work of HRW to existing and prospective supporters.
- Create and track donor lists, fundraising reports, and event expenses.
- Prepare event related material. And also regularly monitor the budget to ensure that resources are allocated appropriately.
- Ensure organization-wide coordination and complementarity, especially with the HRW Berlin office, as well as maintain good working relationships with external partners; and
- Furthermore, perform other tasks, as required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education. However, an advanced degree is highly desirable.
- In addition to that, A minimum of five years of experience in fundraising and demonstrated success in overseeing large fundraising events or experience that can be adapted for outreach, cultivation and fundraising activities.
- Track record of fundraising experience with proven success in creating and managing fundraising programs in Germany.
- Similarly, experience in effectively managing high-level relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within HRW as well as with external partners.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and/or international issues and the capacity to master and represent the mission and programs of HRW.
- Furthermore, strong computer skills, including experience with donor databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge) and knowledge of social media, are highly desirable.