Jobs at Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Position: Portfolio Manager (Economic & Social Infrastructure)
The incumbent will perform the following specifications in the Islamic Development Bank in Jeddah
- Participate in the preparation of the budget and annual work program.
- Contribute and participate in the development and implementation of efficient and effective practices, procedures and systems in order to streamline Division’s activities.
Policies, Processes, and Procedures
- Ensure Portfolio Management unit activities are in compliance with IDB’s policies and procedures.
- Interact with other divisions and departments to maintain compliance in all aspects.
Business and Partnership Development
- Maintain relationships with clients, global and regional businesses, banking and multilateral partners, and government officials.
- Coordinate with development partners and private sector financiers to ensure best practices are followed in PPP Investment.
- Support the PPP Portfolio management function, and be the focal point for lessons learned, best practices and compliance to guidelines for his/her portfolio;
- Undertake an effective portfolio follow-up/monitoring of financed projects until repayment of the total amount of Bank’s financing.
- Contribute to the quality of non-sovereign projects portfolio, including reviewing and clearing disbursement requests, overseeing project implementation and supervising operational performance until full repayment of exposure of IsDB
- Support portfolio leads to problematic and complex projects.
- Lead the implementation of the Early Warning System (EWS) to identify problematic projects at an early stage.
- Also, monitor the overall performance of the assigned portfolio and undertake necessary follow-up actions to minimize risks.
- In consultation with the Legal Department, review as well as prepare all required and necessary legal documentation for the financing.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
- Maintain in-depth knowledge as of global economy business conditions and Islamic financial industry to contribute/participate in preparing the country and sector strategy.
- Similarly, maintain and share knowledge of emerging best practices and lessons learned relating to PPP investment portfolio.
- Furthermore, prepare and disseminate briefing notes and information materials on issues of concern related to PPP operations and portfolio.
Reporting and communication
- Contribute to the production of sector papers, regional studies, operational reports, etc.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field. In addition to that, 3-5 years of relevant experience in project finance, portfolio management, credit review & monitoring, etc.
- Strong communication skills as well as excellent negotiation capacity.
- Caliber in Microsoft office and must have problem-solving as well as analytical skills.
- Fluency in the English language. However, additional knowledge of French and Arabic preferred.