Jobs at Project Concern International, United States.
PCI (Project Concern International) is a non-profit, humanitarian NGO based in San Diego, California. PCI reaches nearly 19 million people a year through programs in Asia, Africa, and the Americas
Position: IT Specialist, Service Desk
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Provide day-to-day desktop support such as identifying, researching and resolving technical issues. Analyzing and resolving or escalating data and voice system problems and requests.
- Utilize the IT electronic ticketing system, Jira, SharePoint and the Service Providers proprietary ticketing system for opening, closing, resolving, escalating, and tracking requests and activities.
- Configure, troubleshoot and refresh Windows 10 in a Microsoft network environment on both desktop and laptop computers, network printers and online O365 applications.
- Complete moves add and changes, applying appropriate change management process and communication
- Co-administer cloud-based Office 365 platform, primarily OneDrive, Skype for Business, MS Office, MS Teams, Outlook and Exchange.
- Manage Active Directory (AD) accounts that are synchronized with SharePoint Online.
- Apply existing and assist with development and documentation of IT policy and procedure, specifically those associated with Service Desk Process & Procedure.
- Maintain DC offices’ small equipment inventory and assist with on-prem hardware and software.
- Maintain conference room audio/visual system and related equipment.
- Coordinate work with local facilities and third-party service providers to support IT and infrastructure systems. Also, handle network/server gear, battery backup units, and power/data cabling.
- Notify IT Management of changes within Information Technology that may cause a change in escalation, major outage, server issue, major move, and/or staffing issue.
- Create and maintain regular reports and documentation on the system and technical metrics. Review service desk performance indicators and meet or exceed established SLA’s.
- Collaborate with global IT personnel and systems as adopted by the organization.
- Participate in team meetings and appropriate corporate meetings and activities as well as in projects that affect DC office personnel.
- Participate in periodic sessions to provide performance feedback and input for coaching and technical direction, and participate in annual review process and delivery.
- Also, participate in the continual improvement of standards, processes, and procedures required to deliver high-quality service, and auditing and analyzing systems to ensure security and data integrity.
- Purchasing or Procurement experience
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned.
In order to eligible for the role, the candidate must have the following qualifications
- Associate degree in a technical field or similar training in the related field. In addition to that, a minimum four years of experience in the IT Service Desk.
- Strong knowledge of technical equipment and common software packages. Advanced user-level hardware and software skills, including MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Helpdesk process and Change Management experience.
- Ability to perform independent analysis and research of various technologies as well as to manage and communicate around competing for priorities.
- Fundamental knowledge of Networking, Telephony and Microsoft Exchange. Also, intermediate Webroot Anti-virus, Active Directory (AD), audio/visual and O365.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to learn/adapt to new technologies and techniques.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a small, remote team environment.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required both in-person and remote via video conferencing, text and telephone.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service within a diverse team environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business/technological periodicals, procedures, and journals. Also, the ability to write procedure manuals and interact with people from different cultures.
- Capacity to quickly learn new systems and creatively solve complex technical problems.
- Furthermore, the candidate must have passion for the mission and values of PCI.