Jobs at SOS Children Village International Austria
Position: Finance & Controlling Adviser
Finance & Controlling Adviser will perform the following duties in particular
- Support the federation planning process by calculating targets, base amounts and defining frames.
- Coordinate and monitor the global SOS budgeting process.
- Ensure the linking of financial needs of programs and available international funds.
- Coordinate the liquidity planning process and prepare monthly transfers as well as controlling and reporting.
- Provide management and legal bodies with information for decision making.
- Develop and update financial policies and quality standards.
- Furthermore, manage projects and/or participate in projects.
In order to be eligible for the role, the candidate must have the following qualifications
- Master Degree in Economic Sciences preferably in the area financial controlling or Bachelor Degree with additional experience in Finance & Controlling
- Strong analytical and reporting skills as well as excellent communication skills with a service-oriented mindset.
- Very good coordination, presentation and training skills.
- Fluent in German and English; French and/or Spanish are an asset.
- Strong MS Office skills (especially MS Excel).
- At least three years of professional experience in the area of accounting and controlling.
- Project management experience would be an advantage.
- Furthermore, candidates must hold a valid Austrian working permit or have EU citizenship.
SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, non-governmental, nonprofit international development organization headquartered in Innsbruck, Austria. The organization provides humanitarian and developmental assistance to children in need and protects their interests and rights around the world. The first SOS Children’s Village was founded in 1949 in Tyrol, Austria by an Austrian philanthropist Hermann Gmeiner. Since its establishment in 1949, today, SOS Children’s Villages is active in 135 countries and territories worldwide.