Jobs at WHO, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Position: Global Payroll Manager at HQ/GSC Global Service Centre
Description of duties
The Global Payroll Manager will be liable for the following duties in particular
- The incumbent leads and manages the staff and resources in the Payroll and Pension section of the Global Service Centre including planning, coordinating and implementing within established guidelines and in accordance with WHO’s Regulations, Rules and Manual Provisions.
- The incumbent ensures internal controls and assurance are appropriately in place.
- Manages Payroll and Pension team ensuring consistent high-quality services at all times are delivered to the organization in the most cost-effective manner and also manages Payroll and Pension team ensuring adequate coverage at all hours of operation.
- Monitors work status and quality and manage staff within the Payroll and Pension team.
- Develops new procedures and guidelines in payroll and pension processing and implements changes that drive operational efficiencies.
- The incumbent leads and contributes to complex and challenging business projects that significantly enhance efficiency, business improvement, continuity, information and performance of global payroll and pension processes.
- Documents procedures, identify streamlining opportunities, and designs and executes them. Similarly, implements, measures performance, evaluates and reports on Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure prompt resolution of any service problems as they arise. Also, ensures adequate training to staff in payroll and pension teams.
- Look after accounting processes and ensures monthly submissions to HQ, Regions and various stakeholders are accurate and on time.
- Manages the Pension administration, reconciliations, reporting and responding to queries from United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). Similarly, manages the reconciliations, reporting and responding to queries/confirmations to La Mutuelle and United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU).
- Acts as Focal point for Payroll/Pension related Internal and External Auditors and responds to queries and is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of Audit recommendations.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll data, payments, and payroll advice.
- Provides and coordinates with IT inputs as required for any system upgrade modifications to ensure functional aspects of system upgrades are fully considered before implementation.
- Reviews design and development efforts as well as collaborate with Information Management and Technology (IMT) on proposals supporting future enhancements.
- Informs internal and external stakeholders on changes or enhancements.
- Identifies risks and communicates with stakeholders and management. Alos, proposes alternative options including potential benefits, cost estimates, impact to other business processes.
- Furthermore, ensures that the entitlement processing and accounting rules configured in the system comply with the HR policies and Financial Regulations.
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field. In addition to that, at least seven years of progressive managerial responsibility in a large, complex, international organization/company, preferably within a Shared Service Centre or other financial processing environments.
Excellent judgement and integrity are required since the responsibilities include managing sensitive financial information and very large cash outflow. Similarly, excellent managerial, leadership skills are needed to manage and motivate a large team.
In-depth knowledge of Oracle base HR and Payroll as well as strong IT literacy in MS Office.