Jobs at WHO (World Health Organization), London, UK
Position: Technical Officer
This is a temporary appointment for a period of 12 months to work full-time basis. The successful appointee will serve the HQ/PND Prevention of Noncommunicable Diseases. The Technical Officer will perform the following duties in particular
- Support the Project Officer in managing and reporting on projects associated with the Global Ambassador portfolio. In addition to that, perform all other related duties relating to the Ambassador projects as required.
- Conduct administrative and technical support, including monitoring project finances and tracking implementation of the work plan to ensure objectives are met. Similarly, coordinate interactions and reporting to the donor agency (Bloomberg Philanthropies).
- Prepare written materials, updates and presentations on the Ambassador work to internal and external stakeholders. Also, develop reports, articles and thought pieces linked to the Partnership for Healthy Cities, and look for opportunities to develop additional research or communication products.
- Support the coordination and implementation of activities linked to the Partnership for Healthy Cities, including technical training for city focal points, and promote alignment with other WHO urban health projects.
- Carry out day-to-day project management for Ambassador projects at WHO, including interactions with the donor and partner organizations.
- Furthermore, prepare and provide high-quality project reporting for internal and external use.
- University degree in International Development, Public Health, Business, Social Science or field related to the position. However, Advanced University degree preferred.
- In addition to that, at least five years of working experience on NCDs, public policy, international organizations, project management, research writing. Demonstrated experience at the international level.
- Excellent skills in drafting & communications, with demonstrable experience in research and written outputs.
- Strong interpersonal as well as public speaking skills.
- Able to collaborate well in the team and also to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of the English language. Additional knowledge of any other UN official language will be an advantage.