Logistic Supervisor Jobs at Panasonic Avionics Corporation at Dubai Airport, United Arab Emirates
Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and installs customized in-flight entertainment and communications solutions to airlines worldwide. It is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California and has major business functions in Bothell, WA.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is looking for highly qualified, enthusiastic, motivated, and experienced Retail Logistic Supervisor to operate in the Dubai Airport, United Arab Emirates. The Repair Logistics Supervisor will ensure the regional repair station stores /administrative functions efficiently and support the full repair cycle including component parts availability, shipping-warehouse inventory and customer service to achieve customer satisfaction and satisfy global repair turn-around standards.
- Develop, communicate, monitor and enforce key performance indicators to continuously improve productivity and efficiency.
- Facilitate processing of all internal Repair work orders to meet turnaround commitments to internal customers.
- Maintain close working relationships with other the Repair Shop Supervisors in order to effectively understand and address production issues.
- Establish and maintain a 24-hour turnaround culture for a parts delivery to the Repair Shop Floor and a 24-hour turnaround on customer shipments after completion of repair audit.
- As a Customer Advocate, he/she will work to eliminate roadblocks that impact the quality and timeliness of order processing and delivery.
- Serve as Repair Station liaison to quality and order administration departments for the efficient and timely processing and/or repair of Return Material Authorizations (RMA) work orders.
- Ensure that the team is trained in Oracle and equipped to efficiently and productively perform their jobs.
- Maintain Warehouse, Shipping and Administrative processes within the guidelines and regulations of the Code of Federal Regulations and Department of Transportation.
- Has ownership of inventory and assets, coordinating cycle-counts, annual budget planning and leading cost buster initiatives.
- Develop and implement procedures to eliminate waste and promote individual responsibility and accountability.
Education / Experience Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Materials or equivalent relevant technical qualification.
- 5 years’ relevant supervisory experience in a large repair facility including materials and production planning.
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations and Department of Transportation regulations to ensure regulatory compliance in Warehouse maintenance and Shipping and Administrative processes.
- Must be an expert in operational procedures and workflow to eliminate waste and promote individual responsibility and accountability.
- Skilled at eliminating roadblocks that impact the quality and timeliness of order processing and delivery.
- Strong capability in building effective teamwork to service customer requirements.
- Good understanding of how/when to escalate issues to achieve effective and efficient action.
- Effective leadership skills to build, educate and lead teams.
- Must be well organized and able to balance multiple projects with competing priorities in a fast-paced repair production environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in an Oracle Environment is a plus.
- Proficiency with Windows Office Suite and working with spreadsheets, databases and analysis tools.
- Ability to plan, assign, train, and direct employees with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to interview, hire, and appraise employees.
- Highly developed team building and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize department objectives.
- Ability to organize material, information, and workforce in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and minimize duplication of effort.
- Advanced understanding of electronic production environment.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.