Medical Jobs at WHO, Cairo, Egypt
Position: Medical Officer (Immunization in health emergencies)
Roles and responsibilities
- Design appropriate strategies for delivering immunization services in areas facing health emergencies and in countries with a large number of unvaccinated children.
- Provide technical expertise to countries facing health emergencies for developing and implementing locally suitable strategies and plans of action. Also, assist in improving access to and uptake of immunization services for hard to reach and chronically under-reached populations
- Conduct periodic review of national immunization programs in low coverage countries, identify gaps and missed opportunities for vaccination. Similarly, support developing a plan of action to address them.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for immunization data collection, data analysis, interpretation and using the data for identifying gaps in immunization services during health emergencies using the data for advocacy and resource mobilization
- Develop relevant training material and conduct training activities to relevant staff on appropriate strategies for delivering immunization services during health emergency situations and hard-to-reach populations
- Work on policies, strategies, planning, and implementation of activities related to strengthening immunization systems.
Required skills and qualifications
- Masters degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in strengthening immunization programs at senior level at national and international levels.
- In addition to that, excellent knowledge in analyzing vaccine-preventable diseases and EPI-related data, synthesizing information and presenting clear and concise conclusions and recommendations for decision making. Similarly, excellent capacity for conducting training and advocacy.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of principles, practices, methodology, and techniques of planning of immunization programs at senior level.
- Fluency in English and Arabic. However, knowledge of the French language is desirable.