Multimedia Jobs at United Nations, New York, United States
Position: Multimedia Production Assistant at United Nations Department of Global Communications
The incumbent Multimedia Assistant will do the following jobs in the United Nations Department of Global Communications
- Works closely with the Photo and Features Editor and the Section Chief. Provides assistance to the UN News teams with respect to visual elements of UN News products.
- Selects photographs and other visual graphics from across the UN system and approved sources in accordance with UN guidelines to illustrate stories for posting online, and prepares photos for publishing; curates and prepares graphics for use in stories based on verified UN materials; helps teams to produce photo essays, facilitating language versioning of visual content.
- Helps to curate a repository of approvals and agreements for the use of visuals by UN News; and updates guidelines with respect to UN system requirements on copyright and permissions.
- In order to ensure editorial consistency and accuracy, researches a broad scope of information sources, printed and electronic, as well as video and audio excerpts originating from meetings, press releases, official documents, press conferences, studio interviews, field recordings and live coverage of events related to the work of the UN.
- Contribute to the fact-checking and updating the main UN News and related web pages, ensuring hyperlinks are properly included, assisting with drafting and editing of content on a wide range of user-related information.
- Participates in editorial discussions and incorporates daily guidance into overall UN News photo editorial guidelines and helps maintain a checklist to update and brief support staff.
- Assists, as required, the UN News focal points in carting out analytics and metrics, for performance analysis.
- Similarly, assist with promotion activities and outreach to partners.
- Assists with consistent practices across UN News teams in the management of audio/video archives, and the proper safekeeping/preservation of historical audio/visual materials.
- Furthermore, s/he will also perform other duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent. In addition to that, five years of experience in an international, multilingual organization related to public information, communications, news or related area.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop software and the use of digital tools for creating visuals and graphics.
- Experience of fact-checking and editorial practices in a multilingual, digital global news environment.
- Similarly, experience in monitoring and reporting on news websites and social media platforms using analytics tools, such as Google Analytics.
- The previous experience in a fast-paced multi-lingual news environment working to multiple deadlines is desirable.
- For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Furthermore, knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.