Resource Management Jobs at FAO (United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization)
Position: Senior Natural Resources Management Officer
- Leads, or participates in, multidisciplinary teams to assist governments in the identification and preparation of investment operations in the fields of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management, and agro-processing, and participate in pre-appraisal and appraisal missions.
- Similarly, leads, or participates in, multidisciplinary teams for the implementation support and the preparation of final evaluation of investment operations.
- Advises governments in the preparation of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing, studies and strategies, and in the formulation of the national sector and/or sub-sector investment plans and programs.
- Also, advises on developing inclusive and sustainable food systems, involving producers and other private sector actors. Also, in regard to civil society organizations and the government.
- Leads the formulation and delivery of capacity development strategies and activities in the areas of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing investment support to government staff, and non-state actors and private sector organizations.
- Prepares reports in accordance with government and financing partners’ requirements. Advice on task organization, selection of consultants, and preparation of terms of reference and in ensuring the quality of outputs.
- Represents the Organization at international and inter-governmental meetings and conferences, advocates for strategic partnerships, best practices, and effective policy dialogue.
- Develops and negotiates effective working relationships and agreements with international and national partners. Also, leads or participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate strategy.
- Establishes, promotes as well as maintains relationships with relevant Strategic Programmes, FAO Technical Units, and Decentralised Offices.
- In addition to that, provides guidance, mentoring and advice to junior staff.
- The Senior Natural Resources Management Officer reports to the Chief, Asia and the Pacific Service.
- Advanced university degree in natural resources management, environmental sciences, environmental engineering, agriculture, forestry, fisheries, ecology, biological sciences or a related field.
- In addition to that, ten years of relevant experience in planning and implementing natural resources management.
- Experience in the formulation and/or implementation of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing investment operations in developing countries and/or countries in transition.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish. Also, knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese or Russian