Medical Jobs (Paramedic) at Comprehensive Health Services in Ukraine, a country in Eastern Europe
Comprehensive Health Services, Inc. (CSHi) is a for-profit medical management services provider that contracts with the United States federal government. It was founded in 1975 and is now a subsidiary of Caliburn International. It works to provide health and medical services to government agencies and commercial entities.
The Comprehensive Health Services is seeking a highly qualified and experienced professional Paramedic to serve in Kosovo. The Successful appointee will provide Medical Support Services in accordance with the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine. (SMM). In addition to that, he/she will provide emergent medical care to approximately 800 mission members patrolling the Eastern Region of Ukraine. Also, the paramedic will patrol with the SMM Teams on a 24-hour basis, 365 days a year.
- Administers primary and emergency medical treatment in accordance with approved protocols and licensure, in both field and small clinic environments.
- Administers IV Fluid, Blood and Blood Products.
- Treats, packages, and bandages wounds.
- Administers injections and medications.
- Performs advanced respiratory procedures including emergency surgical cricothyroidotomy and ET (endotracheal) intubation.
- Accompanies client personnel on field missions as and when scheduled by the client.
- Treats injuries and/or illnesses using advanced life support techniques and medications.
- Documents and records all patient interactions and care provided.
- Completes all required client and regulatory reports and logs.
- Provides medical training to the client as requested.
- Reports complete and concise patient records to the staff at the receiving facility.
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
Qualification and requirements
- Diploma, certification or bachelor’s degree in paramedic related techniques
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a licensed Paramedic.
- Hold and maintain a current unrestricted Paramedic license from country of origin.
- Have and maintain current certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), PreHospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) or equivalent.
- Valid, current Driver’s License and Passport from the country of origin.
- Must sign a CHS Foreign Service Agreement (FSA) and is bound to the terms and conditions of the FSA.
- Proficient in the ability to speak, write and communicate in English.
- Shall demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic word processing programs and the CHS Medical Management Systems software
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance with CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.