Policy and Strategy Specialist position is available at UNOPS office in Switzerland. UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. The Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement Secretariat is currently looking for a Policy and Strategy Specialist to support and strengthen the Multi-Stakeholder Collaboration that underpins the SUN Movement.
- Advise and support the efforts of the SUN Movement Secretariat, SUN Networks and SUN Technical Assistance providers to strengthen capacity in SUN Countries;
- Also, Lead projects to catalyse multi-stakeholder collaboration and strengthen the capacity of SUN actors to scale-up nutrition action in-country
- Moreover, maintain an overview of Technical Assistance in the Movement, and work with colleagues in SMS, the networks, and TA providers
- Shape and lead knowledge management initiatives, and collaborate with SUN knowledge management partners
- Furthermore, advise on the best strategic focus of the SUN Movement Pooled Fund (USD 16 million) to support strengthening of multi-stakeholder collaboration for nutrition at country level.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with SUN Network Facilitators and members.
- In addition, advise and assist the Coordinator of the SUN Movement and the Director of the SUN Movement Secretariat
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) in Political Science, Social Sciences, Economics, Development, International relations, Nutrition or related fields.
- A Bachelor degree with two additional years of relevant experience may be acceptable in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Also, a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience at international level.
- Experience in training, capacity building and knowledge management/sharing is a strong asset.
- Similarly, experience in building partnerships with major relevant stakeholders in the politics of the global nutrition governance landscape issues is a strong asset.
- Field experience in multi-sector development or food and nutrition security programmes and policies is highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Likewise, fluency in written and spoken French is highly desirable.
- Fluency in another UN language is desirable.