Primary Health Care Specialist position is available in United Methodist Committee on Relief.
The United Methodist Church has had a long-standing and active engagement in global health efforts for many decades. Global Ministries as the mission agency of the UMC partners with health ministries within and outside the UMC network to provide abundant health for all. This work is led by the Global Health Unit (GHU). Global Health aims to ensure the highest attainable standard of health for all by ensuring that every newborn, mother and child not only survives, but thrives to transform the future.
- Provide technical support to partners in health sector analysis, coordination and development of policies, strategies and plans for strengthening PHC services
- Also, Assist partners to develop and manage a competent health workforce that can deliver integrated people-centered service.
- Provide technical support to partners in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating health system strengthening interventions funded through GH
- Also, Manage the primary health care grants application from partners
- Coordinate with other GHU programs that support health systems strengthening initiatives and mother and child health
- Also, Perform any other relevant duties assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Advanced university degree (Masters level degree or above) in public health, health policy, planning and management from a recognized university.
- Minimum of three years’ relevant work experience in health with a minimum of three years’ international experience in the field of equitable, health people-centered health services management and/or experience working with the global health initiatives and other partner agencies.
- Expert knowledge of written and spoken English. French will be an advantage.
- Also, Knowledge of primary health care, health systems in resource-limited environments and health systems strengthening frameworks
- Furthermore, Skills of program development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.