Principal Technical Advisor, Supply Chain Management position available at Management Sciences for Health.
- Provide technical support for the development and/or review of technical approaches and strategies for strengthening commodity security and supply chain management systems.
- Provide technical assistance to support the design and implementation of supply chain management and logistics interventions
- Regularly report on MTaPS supply chain management initiatives in accordance with the M&E plan, objectives, and USAID intermediate results.
- Provide guidance to Portfolio and Senior Managers for supply chain work and facilitate the coordination of MTaPS supply chain management initiatives with partners and collaborators.
- Help develop and review operations research protocols and facilitate multicountry studies on common technical areas; facilitate sharing of technical approaches across MTaPS countries.
- Plan, organize, and conduct training courses covering supply chain technical areas for external audiences and MTaPS staff.
- Coordinate with MOH, national disease control programs and technical/implementing partners in the development and implementation of pharmaceutical system strengthening interventions;
- Coordinate with other MTaPS staff in other countries on activities ensuring harmonization and collaboration with all aspects of the program in country.
- Supervise assigned Technical Advisors ensuring the adequacy of their performance and their continuous professional development.
- Graduate degree in a in a health-related field with specialized training and/or experience relating to supply chain management required
- 8 years plus relevant experience in commodity security, supply chain management and health care logistics systems development and strengthening in developing country context
- Interest in and experience managing and supervising technical staff
- Physician, nurse, or pharmacist qualification preferred
- Relevant experience in international public health with experience in supply chain management and systems strengthening strongly preferred
- Experience with public health programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID, DfID and international agencies such as the Global Fund, UNITAID, WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Demonstrated managerial and supervisory skills.
- Fluent English; ability to speak a second language preferred.
- Strong computer skills; Excel, MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent native-level writing and presentation skills in English
- Proficiency in French or Spanish is desired, as are languages of other USAID-supported countries.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good judgment for decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability in consensus building and constructively leading a team.