Procurement Officer position is available in World Food Programme. The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. It is currently seeking for a Junior Professional Officer to fill the position of Procurement Officer within our Food Procurement Unit based in Rome, Italy for one year and then to fill a position of Procurement Officer with an on-going emergency operation or to fill a post in Regional Bureau Dakar for a 2-year period. This post is a Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme sponsored by the Government of The Netherlands for exclusively Nationals of Developing Countries.
- Provide comments on any amendments to the contracts
- Report and follow up on disputes arising from the contract.
- In addition, Follow contract execution with different WFP departments – shipping, RMBP quality team.
- Approve final markings received from suppliers in close cooperation with assistants
- Follow contract execution with suppliers (delivery periods, etc…)
- Periodically review shipment status and proactively identify delays or issues that can compromise the shipment period.
- Request supplier updates on shipments
- Provide inputs for preparation of RFQ for inspection services/appointment of superintendents in case of existing LTAs. Clear Inspection RFQs, before issuance.
- Follow superintendent performance; follow up on daily reports.
- Check final inspection certificates and clear/accept Service Entry Sheets (SES).
- Discuss plans for corrective actions with suppliers in consultation with the Quality unit and follow up actions.
- Submit for Approval of Superintendent Purchase Orders for final authorisation.
- Resolve or escalate to higher level the disputes arising from the contract implementation
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master degree or equivalent in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, commerce, business administration, legal, accounting, supply chain or related field.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with qualifying experience (at least 3 years of relevant working experience) may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree
- Two to maximal 4 years relevant working experience, in procurement or other related fields, including at least 1 year in food procurement and/or commodity trading related fields. All paid work experience since obtaining Bachelors degree get considerations.
- Fluency in English and French, both oral and written.
- Intermediate level of one, or more, of the following official languages: Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and/or working knowledge of Portuguese is desiderable