Apply for the Program Assistant Vacancy at the UNFPA in Kazakhstan. The deadline for the application is 26th May 2020.
Job Title: National Post – Programme Assistant
In a global organization, where many of our people are based in challenging environments, The Programme Assistant provides program, administrative and financial support to his/her dedicated clients, who provide substantive support to COs in the region and implement the regional program.
Additionally, the Program Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme Support Team to ensure effective and efficient programme and operational support to activities in Almaty.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for
- Providing logistical support required for the successful planning and delivery of technical workshops, inter-agency meetings, panel discussions, roundtables, missions, and programme events organized in Almaty by gathering and compiling data and information for the preparation of events documents, speeches and position papers.
- Reviewing incoming correspondence, collecting and/or preparing the necessary information for the reply/action, and preparing first drafts of responses to inquiries for action by the Supervisor.
- Assisting in the archiving, filing, and maintenance of up to date electronic mailing lists on the programme and technical matters. Contributing to the uploading and maintenance of selected information to the EECARO i-Docs.
- Also, assisting in coordinating and managing dedicated client meetings; including organizing team meetings, preparing minutes, coordinating conference room bookings and ensuring room preparedness for meetings.
- Likewise, preparing travel arrangements of International Programme Coordinator and other relevant office personnel in Almaty.
- Additionally, undertaking procurement activities in regard with the activities for the Almaty, ensuring compliance with UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Likewise, raising Requisitions and/or Purchase Orders in ATLAS with input from designated clients.
- Carrying out any other duties that may be required by your Supervisor to assure the success of the team and so on…
- Completed secondary level education is required.
- Also, a first-level university degree in public administration, finance or economics is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of previous relevant experience in administration or project/programme management.
- Likewise, proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems, a good basic knowledge of finance and mastery of a series of financial software is desirable.
- Also, previous experience in the UN is an asset.
- Additionally, good knowledge of ATLAS, PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Russian languages is required.
- Additionally, working knowledge of Kazakh language is desirable.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. Additionally, it commits to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. Furthermore, UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.