International Jobs in South Sudan
Position: Program Education Manager at Plan International
Roles and responsibilities
In particular, the Program Education Manager will do the following tasks
- Support the Programmes Director and CP Specialist, Gender & GBV Manager and Education Project Managers in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Education related matters to ensure that CCCD is embedded in programs.
- With the support of the key Plan South Sudan Staff such as the Programmes Director, thematic managers, and the Business Development Manager design innovative Education projects and scale up them to increase local and external program income as well as to reach more vulnerable children/youth
- Build Human Right Based Approach and Child Centered Community Development (CCCD) into education programming to ensure human including children rights are embedded in the programming.
- Oversee Education budgets and expenditures to ensure their alignment with the required standards
- Train staff, partner including communities and children/youth, and duty bearers in education-related matters and advocacy to increase their knowledge and capacity in best practices and gender-related issues in education.
- Facilitate the implementation of awareness-raising campaigns to mitigate the negative behavior of communities. The duty includes bearers towards education and to protect children/youth within schools
- Produce briefings, reports and other education-related data/information to show program progress and impact
- In collaboration with the Programmes Director, liaise with other development organizations as well as the government to build partnership/alliances. Similarly, come up with innovative and comprehensive interventions for girls education and ECCD
- Implement international, regional, national and local initiatives related to education to influence policies and strategies within the country and improve Plan visibility.
- Lead and support the development of the Early Childhood Development Framework.
- Provide guidelines, training, and technical support to the work on early childhood education. Also, in primary education and secondary education as well as non-formal education.
- Ensure that Girls Get Equal campaigns, have a strong focus on education and learning. Similarly, be it in formal or non-formal settings.
- To strengthen Plan South Sudan capacity in Education in Emergencies working jointly with Programme Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field is required. Masters degree will be an advantage. In addition to that, at least 5 years of practical experience working with NGOs in education or related programs at the management level.
- Experience of developing and implementing Right to Education projects in the development and emergency context. Similarly, experience with lobby, advocacy, alliances, and partnerships building at local and national levels.
- Understanding of the Convention of the Rights of the Child and other rights instruments as well as deep knowledge, skills and practice in the HRBA applied to education.
- Also, good knowledge in human right based approach to development and CRC
- Demonstrate experience in developing strategies and designing program interventions, including monitoring and evaluation. Similarly, demonstrate an ability to assess best practice, document and disseminate lessons
- Ability to network at high levels. Also, excellent communication – excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts