Program Manager Green Energy (PM GE)
Hivos Southeast Asia seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Vacancy Name: Program Manager Green Energy (PM GE)
Number of hours: 40 ( forty) hours per weeks for 1 (one) year
Region: Southeast Asia
Office: Jakarta, Indonesia
In Indonesia, Hivos has supported civil society organisations working on improved cookstoves, electricity provision with micro hydro installations, energy kiosk and solar powered pump for irrigation. Hivos has also started the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Program (IDBP) in 2009 of which the overall objective of the is to disseminate domestic bio-digesters as a local and sustainable energy source through the development of a commercial market oriented sector in selected provinces. In 2010 Hivos also started the Iconic Island initiative. The Indonesian island of Sumba was chosen as the ‘Iconic Island’ (SII). Hivos aims to provide access to reliable renewable forms of energy to the population of this island, and in doing so, ending their dependency on fossil fuels and support development and economic activities of the local population. With years of experience working with partner organizations to establish access to sustainable energy in developing countries, Hivos is convinced that converting to sustainable energy while combining poverty reduction, is possible on a large scale. The results of the Iconic Island initiative should become an example for other parts of the world.
The Program Manager will provide senior leadership and be responsible for the overall management including planning, implementing and monitoring of the green energy programs.
The position is Jakarta-based with frequent travel to implementation locations within Indonesia.
1. To lead and supervise the work of IDBP and SII team members (both in Jakarta and in the regions) and identify and resolve problems as needed and ensure that they stick to their job descriptions, programme guidelines, budgets, implementation plans and other relevant instruction.
2. To lead the implementation of the multi-stakeholder Sumba Iconic Island initiative roadmap which aims at realizing 100% renewable energy at Sumba Island.
3. Support the recruitment of program staffs at national and provincial level and to assist in the preparation of Terms of References for consultants and programme activities.
4. Establish and foster good coordination and positive relationship among stakeholders, partners and donors.
5. Assist in research, studies and surveys and evaluation activities. Ensure that the survey and research results are of a quality which ensures a sustained stream of carbon credits.
6. Liaise with stakeholders (government, NGOs, private sector, cooperatives) and maintain a network to support the development of a renewable energy sector and in charge for issuing cooperative agreement between Hivos and government.
7. To ensure the management of Hivos’ energy portfolio grant making in Hivos’ management system Osiris and other project management platform as required by donor.
8. Coordinate production of Programme Implementation documents and other planning documents, budgets and other provincial outputs and make sure that data collection MIS are followed timely and accurately.
9. Responsibility to develop progress narrative report and check financial reports before being submitted timely to donors.
10. Lead regular biogas Carbon Monitoring, Reporting & Verification activities in cooperation with consultant(s) in the Energy and Agriculture domains, under the Gold Standard certification. Part of this will be the improvement of the IDBP database and data collection protocols and an integrated effort to ensure 100% quality control and improved after sales services.
11. To roll out new innovative initiatives that are relevant to Hivos renewable energy program development, such as but not limited to expansion of work areas including its fundraising strategy.
12. To represent Hivos Southeast Asia in (technical) meetings in Indonesia and other countries when needed.
13. To contribute to Hivos overall organizational and policy development.
• A degree in rural development, sustainable energy, environmental and natural resource management, economics of natural resources or other relevant field.
• An understanding of energy project development is preferred.
• Profound understanding of the socio-economic aspects, including gender, of development projects.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills including public speaking in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Show successful track record working in and within multidisciplinary team.
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in program design, management and evaluation.
• Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills to effectively interact with donors, civil society organizations, government officials and community.
• Sound experience in managing partnerships and multi actor initiatives.
• Good understanding of and strong affinity with civil society, in particular with non-governmental organizations.
• Previous working experience in an international environment/organization would be an advantage.
• Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment.
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally for related events.
What we offer:
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Programme Manager Green Energy graded in Grade: 10-11 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA salary grade)
What is Hivos?
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Hivos Southeast Asia aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise.
Like to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than May 28th, 2018.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘PM GE’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|