Applications are open for Project Assistant, Moscow. Under the authority of the Head of Office and the overall supervision of the Head of the Capacity Building and Co- operation Projects Unit in the Equality Division of the Directorate General of Democracy, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to help meet the overall and specific objectives for the implementation of the project “Co-operation in implementing the Russian Federation National Action Strategy for Women (2017-2022): Applying best practices” in compliance with the organisation’s regulations and/or donor requirements.
The Project Assistant performs the following tasks in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- assists the project team in the implementation, preparation and organisation of the project activities, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- follows up work or activities in progress and report to the officer/manager/supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
- provides logistical, financial and administrative assistance to the project team, as well as experts;
- makes practical arrangements connected to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation, meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation etc.);
- drafts and formats correspondence, memos, documents, contract letters and financial arrangements in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
- prepares the submission of financial supporting documents for final payment; follows up expenditure; provides any other financial information and documentation as requested;
- provides ad-hoc linguistic assistance and arranges translation and interpretation as required;
- assists headquarters-based staff and experts when carrying out tasks and missions in the field or working on project related matters;
- organises and keeps project documents and files up to date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents among the project team and the Office
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with colleagues and the direct project management;
- carries out other tasks as may be required connected to project implementation.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.