Project jobs at International Atomic Energy Agency in Austria
Position: Project Assistant
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is an international organization with headquarter in Vienna that promotes the peaceful use of Nuclear Energy. It works to prevent using nuclear energy for military purposes including nuclear weapons. The IAEA reports to both the United Nations General Assembly and Security Council.
Roles and responsibilities
Under the supervision of Section head, the assistant will serve the general administration on clerical as well as other administrative duties. In particular, thre incumbent will perform the following duties
- Contribute to the processing of project management related tasks such as requests for expert recruitment, fellowship training, meetings, training courses, procurement, and expert mission reports.
- Draft correspondence of a routine nature, e.g. letters to the Member States, host government agreements, invitations for participation in meetings, and responses to inquiries, ensuring correctness in terms of format, grammar, and spelling.
- Input data into Agency Contacts, update and maintain databases and retrieve information to produce reports, graphs, charts, and statistics.
- Organize, maintain and update an efficient filing system, including opening electronic and physical files for fellowships. Also, make arrangements for all project-related staff travel.
- Above all, the position holder will perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- Completed secondary education. In addition to that, a minimum of four years of relevant working experience in a clerical/administrative position, some of which is an international organization.
- Experience in project or personnel administration.
- Good oral and written command of English. However, knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
- English language test (level 2) to IAEA standards.