CARE is seeking a Project Manager who will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the ‘Advancing Partners’ and Communities (APC) project which will be implemented in Bombali, Tonkolili & Port Loko Districts of Sierra Leone in line with the approved design, and in compliance with the donor requirements.
The Project Manager will be required to liaise with Donor, Grants Manager and other implementing partners and District government agencies, as well as Research Institutions. The post will be based in CARE SL office, with frequent trips to the field project sites. S/he will report directly to the Country Director and coordinate with the Senior Programs Officer and program support unit, to ensure a smooth and coordinated approach to project implementation. S/he will represent CARE in coordination meetings with Implementing partners, and District Authorities of Sierra Leone.
- Coordinate and Manage the Advancing Partners and Communities project – ensure proper planning, implementation and monitoring to achieve the objectives
- Develop and maintain partner relations – ensure effective partnerships among stakeholders of the initiative: CARE, DHMTs, District Councils, and other local authorities, sub grantee and private sector actors
- Financial management – ensure proper preparation and monitoring of initiatives budget in compliance with terms and conditions of donors’ contracts.
- Bachelors’ degree in Public Health, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ project management (including monitoring and evaluation) experience in a similar NGO setting in health and community projects
- Strong leadership and management experience with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, co-ordination, team work, and strong, productive engagement with partners
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work effectively with district authorities such as DHTMs and DCs
- Strong analytical skills (including policy analysis) and strategic / conceptual thinking, with the ability to analyze information and to produce analytical/logical coherent reports
- Demonstrated skills as a team-leader with the ability to delegate effectively
- Experience in dealing with varied donors, with an emphasis on USAID
- Excellent in budget formulation and expense tracking
- Excellent knowledge in data management, or at least data collection is required
- Must have skills in excel / spread sheets
- Must be fluent in English.