Property Management Jobs at UN, Arusha, Tanzania
Position: Property Management Assistant at United Nations International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
The incumbent will be doing the following functions at the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
- Assist with the planning of property management operations.
- Utilizes and enhances, as required, the established business intelligence and management tools to monitor and evaluates the overall processes of the IRMCT Arusha branch’s property management function.
- Prepares accurate and auditable statistical reports and correspondence for IRMCT management; Monitors progress through statistical analysis of database records and prepares monthly progress and/or status reports for the IRMCT Arusha branch.
- Similarly, assists with the preparation and verification of periodic IPSAS financial reports on PP&E and inventory (year-end reports, monthly reports) and ensures timely submission thereof.
- Maintains accurate and auditable records, in both hard copy and electronic format, for accountability of UN property in conformance with relevant Administrative Instructions, guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Assists with the maintenance of the fixed assets register by recording information related to fixed assets, ensures accurate tracking of existing fixed assets and PPE; implements, monitors, and reports on the periodic physical verification process, ensuring anomalies are identified in Discrepancy or Impairment Reports and addressed immediately.
- Liaises with the Self Accounting Units (SAUs) and the IRMCT Procurement and General Services Sections on matters related to inventory control, receiving and inspection as well as write-off and disposal activities of UN Property; Manages and trains the network of SAU’s property management focal points.
- Assists with proper disposal of written-off property, hazardous waste, and of commodities representing a risk to the environment, in order to avoid any pollution or contamination.
- Processes all incoming goods and materiel through Umoja, prepares receiving and inspection reports in Umoja as well as other inventory management systems, and ensures items are appropriately barcoded.
- Manages the IRMCT stores and assists the General Services Officer in the management of the warehouse and also assists the General Services Officer and Administrative Officer in compilation and drafting of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and flow charts relating to all aspects of Property Management activities.
- Identifies issues and implements solutions to problematic areas related to property management.
•Serves as a Secretary to the Local Property Survey Board, assists SAUs in the preparation of cases thereto, and advises members as appropriate.
- Provides first reporting officer supervisory functions to GS-level Property Management Assistant(s);
- Furthermore, performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent. In addition to that, additional training in IPSAS, transactional SAP modules, property/asset management, and/or financial reporting is desirable.
- Six years of experience in the field of property or asset management, inventory control, warehouse management or related field.
- Experience applying IPSAS to property management functions.
- Transactional experience with SAP or the UN enterprise resource planning system (Umoja).
- Experience with financial reporting.