Regional Operations Officer position is available in the LAC regional office operations team of Save the Children office at Panama. The incumbent provides the Operations team and its Director (DPO) support in the areas of information management, cross-functional support and operational planning.
- Provide assistance in the quarterly reporting process with the functional areas in LAC RO for inputs.
- Global assurance: On behalf of DPO and in conjunction with the Operations Advisor, ensure that global audit recommendations are adequately reported on time.
- Risk management: support the risk committee in documenting risk assessments/calibration and following-up on mitigation actions
- Likewise, coordinate, consolidate and disseminate reports, plans, and strategic information in compliance with SCI requirements.
Work with Operations team to plan, manage, coordinate and support the regional categorized responses.
Similarly, work with country office project officers; information & communications officers and others to produce, consolidate and disseminate regular management
In addition, support the design, organisation and delivery of advisory missions, operations consultancies, surveys and assessments.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2-3 years in a role relevant for this position: data analyst; team support function, reporting officer, etc
- Moreover, result- focused with a strong client orientation
- proven interest for humanitarian and development work and for the socio-economic environment of the region
- Team player, eager to learn and be challenged; interest for developing a career in the sector
- Also, robust IT skills in the area of data management and collaborative tools; office suite
- Proven attention for detail as well as ability to effectively manage a high volume of data and information
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people in a large organisation, very often at a distance
- Proven ability to handle/priorities challenging and multi-tasked workload in complex working environment
- In addition, willingness to travel to Country Offices for operational and humanitarian support, and capacity building purposes
- Above all, excellent English and Spanish language skills
Apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. You also need to include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.