The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific invites qualified researchers to apply for the vacant vacancy of Research Assistant in Buenos, Aires. The incumbent report to the Chief of the Office. The Research Assistant will be liable for the following duties under the overall supervision of Chief of the Section
- Assisting in identifying and monitoring substantive aspect of the work of the Unit in Argentina, with reference to local macroeconomic processes, including fiscal and monetary issues, financial dynamics and labour market statistics.
- Selects and evaluates a variety of documents, summarize pertinent material, collects and analyzes data and prepares background materials for assessment papers, studies, briefs and reports.
- Systematically follows through and retrieves, highlights and compiles information from a wide variety of information sources as well as prepares input for the electronic database and the internet and co-operate with research institutes and organizations in the collection of data.
- Assembles and examines original statistical material to ensure accuracy, clarity and validity; makes appropriate adjustments.
- Designing, preparing and maintaining a country profile for Argentina.
- Preparing a variety of reports, presentations, tables, lists, charts, data sets, and/or diagrams for information in order to facilitate the in-depth analysis of the retrieved information by the supervisor and other users.
- Participating in the substantive and policy discussions of the Unit.
- Maintaining and expanding contacts with other departments in the Secretariat, as well as the UN agencies and programmes and other organizations relevant to the region, and co-ordinate the input of other departments in the collection of data for assignments received.
- Preparing, maintaining and updating files (electronic and paper) and internal databases.
- Also, designing and generating a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports, statistical tables, charts, graphs, and other background materials/notes to facilitate inspection and other reviews.
- Drafting programme/project summaries, coordinating review and clearance process and co-ordinates with the editor, translation services, etc., on finalization and publication of reports in multiple languages.
- Identifying the organizational requirements for conferences and meetings and assists in the preparation of documentation and also reports for these meetings.
- Attending a variety of meetings to follow discussions, takes notes and prepares a summary report, notes for the file, correspondence, etc.
- Furthermore, providing guidance and training to new/junior staff as well as performs other related work as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related area is desirable.
- Minimum seven years of experience in collecting and researching data across various areas of social and economic development or related area.
- Similarly, experience in pursuing macroeconomic analysis and working with time series econometrics.
- In addition to that, experience in programming and in the use of statistical software, including Stata, R or E-views is desirable.
- Furthermore, advanced knowledge of oral and written Spanish and intermediate knowledge of English.
Follow this link to know more about this vacancy of Research Assistant.