Research Consultant Roster (Data Analyst) position is available in the Office of Research-Innocenti of UNICEF in Italy. The Office of Research-Innocenti is the dedicated research office of UNICEF. Innocenti is looking to build a roster of mid-senior level consultants with experience in data management, data cleaning, data analysis as well as data visualization. Consultants will work under the technical guidance and supervision of staff at Innocenti and in collaboration with different research teams.
- Performing data mapping exercises,
- Designing new datasets,
- Synthesizing existing data sources,
- Data cleaning,
- Analysis of primary as well as secondary data sources (qualitative or quantitative),
- Data visualization
- Writing short briefs and reports based on data analysis
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master degree or PhD in developmental studies, gender studies, public health, nutrition, economics, public policy, social sciences, education, demography, statistics, or related field
- Likewise, Between three and seven years of relevant work experience in university, research organization, consulting firm, or related;
- Also, Excellent quantitative/statistical and analytical skills, including ability to carry out statistical analyses autonomously; or qualitative data analytical skills.
- In addition, Demonstrated experience at analyzing household and/or other survey data or qualitative data, preferably with a focus on children. Experience with big data will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Stata, SPSS and other statistical packages and/or qualitative software such as MAXQDA, NVivo or similar.
- Likewise, Ability to organize own work and to carry out a research project with limited supervision according to deadlines;
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English; good working knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish an asset;
- Similarly, Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Furthermore, commitment to UNICEF principles and mandate.
- Moreover, experience with field work and data collection, including with vulnerable groups is desirable.
Apply via the UNICEF TMS recruitment system. Applicants are requested to include:
- a recent CV (max 2 pages)
- a cover letter (max 1 page) with the following table at the top, and delineating how they match the requirements
- The completed table