Research Scientists Jobs at Amazon, Sydney, Australia
One of the world’s leading multinational technology company is seeking highly qualified and experienced Data Scientists. The successful appointee will work under the specific project that helps to bring machine learning techniques to the mainstream within the Networking organization. He/She will join the team of technicians. Moreover, they will deliver various data products ranging from actionable insights, advanced visualization, to real-time machine learning models.
- Finding and processing large data sets to help define the best ways for our team to define network health.
- Developing algorithms to accurately model the operation of large scale computer networks. Also, using Machine Learning to develop accurate models.
- Collecting, analyzing, and presenting actionable insights to drive team and customer experience decisions at a senior level.
- Similarly, Understanding high-level business objectives and continually aligning work with those objectives to meet the needs of the business.
- Identifying, analyzing, and solving problems at their root, while maintaining focus on the bigger picture
- Recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and additionally, analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Writing high-quality code to retrieve and analyze data as well as solving business problems, to then be released to our software developers to transform into stable production code.
- Learning as well as understanding a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and knowing when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, etc.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills as well as team player· Plus, 3+ years of experience analyzing data in some capacity.
- Understanding of statistical methods.
- Experience with R, Spark, EMR, etc.
- Strong in at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Application of Machine Learning fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of SQL, OBIEE and other data mining and analysis tools.
- Strong problem solving and algorithm design ability.
- Knowledge of using data to make the case for business decisions.