Risk Management jobs at the UN (United Nations), New York, United States of America
Position Title: Programme Management Officer (Risk Management and Compliance) at the United Nations Department of Operational Support
Duties and responsibilities
- Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the ERM framework within DOS; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions.
- Liaises with relevant parties as well as identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Coordinates, within DOS, the assessment of risks to management conformance with the principles of accountability, decentralization and simplification underlying the management reform.
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the ERM focal points within DOS and the ERM Section, DMSPC, by planning and facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the departmental risk register and risk treatment plan.
- Also, maintains a consolidated departmental register of risks to management conformance with the principles of accountability, decentralization and simplification identified by DOS structures, monitors the implementation of risk treatment plans and reports in this respect quarterly to the Risk Management Committee.
- Researches analyzes and presents information on existing guidance and best practices materials for risk management gathered from diverse sources.
- Monitors the implementation of the departmental risk treatment plan. Similarly, review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Undertakes survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides substantive support to meetings, conferences, etc. on ERM, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Undertakes outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc. Similarly, develop and enhance tools and guidelines, prepares training materials on ERM, makes presentations on ERM activities.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.). Also, prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Furthermore, performs other duties as required.
In order to be fit for the role, the incumbent must have the following qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics and related field. However, candidates with Bachelor degree and two years of additional qualifying work experience can also apply.
- In addition to that, five years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area. Moreover, experience in the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework is desirable.
- Fluency in English. In addition to that, additional knowledge of any other UN official language would be plus.