Samsung jobs at the United States
Position: Manufacturing Quality Manager
The Quality Engineer TR position will be responsible for preventing excursion in high volume manufacturing by driving overall quality improvements.
In particular, the incumbent will do the following duties
- Lead deployment of medium to large-scale projects that are cross-functional in nature and have visibility to company executives.
- In addition, use resources and data to identify risks to fab operations and customers.
- Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, support group counterparts, and executives to reduce identified quality risks and to ensure compliance with external and internal quality standards and to meet quality goals.
- Capable of problem solve complex situations and navigate the political landscape to accomplish results.
- Also, analyze and make recommendations to help improve quality indices for each department’s business processes and programs.
- Enforce rules & systems based operation to all employees while ensuring SAS procedures are continuously evolving and current.
- Similarly, perform various types of audits (product, process, equipment, department, function, element, system, management) in relation to excursion prevention activities within the organization.
- Participate in fab-wide pFMEA activities to minimize risks to mass production.
- Shift: 1st – Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm.
- BS in engineering, materials science or related field preferred. In addition to that, at least five years of HVM semiconductor engineering experience required.
- Strong data communication at the executive level required.
- Advanced project management skills required (formal credentials preferred but not required).
- Lean/6Sigma/CQE certification preferred. Also, a high level of self-motivation and strong communication skills (written and presentation) required.
- Must be able to quickly learn complex systems to execute job function within the following SAS systems: RSpec, GPM, SiMax, WorkPlace, EMS, YMS, SPC Module, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of semiconductor fab processing and yield/reliability mechanisms preferred.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Candidate must have experience with meeting and exceeding quality objectives through the use of ASQ quality tools.
- Detailed understanding and experience with Statistical Process Control methodology, management, and improvement.
- Experience in a high product mix fab environment is preferred.