Application call for Security Coordination Officer at United Nations Vienna. The position is open to all nationalities and the deadline is 2 December 2021.
The position is located in the Operations Support Unit (OSU), Safety and Security Service (SSS), Division for Management (DM), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV). The Security Coordination Officer reports to the Chief of the Security and Safety Service.
Within assigned authority, the Security Coordination Officer (Assistant Chief) will be responsible for the following specific duties:
• Directly coordinate and manage the Security and Safety Operations Support Unit, which includes the Administration Team, Physical Security Team and Planning Team.
• Manage the UNSSS (UNOV) administrative programme. Supervise the staffing management, human resource planning, and recruitment of the Service. Prepare, plan and monitor the Service’s budget. Oversee procurement arrangements and contract activities of the Service, ensuring timely provision of supplies and equipment and timely initiation of service contracts for repairs and replacements of UNSSS installations. Manage the central inventory of property of the Service.
• Manage the UNSSS (UNOV) security systems programme, including monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of existing security systems, identifying requirements for system upgrades, and facilitating systems integration. Coordinate the development and implementation of all physical and electronic security enhancement projects aimed to strengthen the security and organizational resilience at the UN Headquarters at Vienna.
• Enhance and maintain communication through active collaboration, consultation and exchanges with relevant security focal points and representatives of other agencies, to ensure maximum security coordination.
• Serve as a representative of the UNOV SSS for the Security Management Team for Vienna, contributing to the preparation, implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the security plan and risk assessments (including attendance of working groups aimed at the preparation of the Crisis Management Plan and the Business Continuity Plan).
• Assess prevailing security conditions, identifying security trends and advising on potential security concerns affecting UN assets, activities, and interests.
• Ensure that physical security measures as well as fire detection devices and fire-fighting equipment are available on the premises. Maintain physical security plan as well as fire evacuation plan and conduct fire drills and training, as necessary.
• Interact with relevant parties involved in the preparation of external security engagements, including UN external conferences, provision of technical support, and close protection missions, by ensuring that the process for the preparation of these tasks is efficient and its implementation consistent with the mandate of the Service.
• Collaborate with authorities and international institutions to ensure optimal level of crisis preparedness, and act as dissemination point for Host country information relevant to the Vienna-based UN organizations.
• Enhance and maintain an efficient communications system, to ensure that UN staff may be reachable in case of need.
• Conduct security investigations and prepare relevant reports.
• Assume responsibility for guard force management.
• Maintain protection detail for senior officials as necessary.
• Conduct security training related to security management system and represent the Service in the preparation of presentations to parties.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|
|Company Name||United Nations|