Security Officer jobs at the United Nations, USA
Position: Security Training Officer at the Department of Safety and Security
Roles and responsibilities
In addition to reporting to planning and implementation of security training programs at UNHQ, the position holder will do the following specifications
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the New York Headquarters annual master training plan for SSS as well as supervise all the MSU and TDU personnel.
- Develop, review and assess Use of Force training and qualifications (Less Lethal & Firearms) for all UNHQs security staff.
- Similarly, develop, review and oversee the delivery of the full range of training programs provided by MSU to security staff at Peacekeeping missions.
- Coordinate and administer the Firearms Training Instructor (FTI) and Firearms Training Officer (FTO) training programs at Peacekeeping mission HQ.
- Manage the Regular and Support Account budget allocations for Headquarters and Peacekeeping training.
- Similarly, manage the imprest funds allocated for the processing of pistol permits.
- Ensure that analysis and regular audit of all training operational activities are conducted. Also, ensure compliance with established policy and procedure as required in all operational activities requiring support training.
- Advanced university in security, criminal justice, social sciences, management. However, candidates with a bachelors degree with two years of additional qualifying work experience can also apply.
- In addition to that, five years of experience in security management or administration and operations for security, military, law enforcement or civilian police.
- A minimum of one year of experience in managing, coordinating and implementing a flexible and sizeable training program.
- Fluency in English. However, additional knowledge of United Nations Official language will be an asset.