Data Scientist Jobs at Reddit, San Francisco
American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website, Reddit is seeking Data Scientist to operate in the senior level. Basically, the incumbent will be accountable for integral in shaping, steering and evaluating strategic, operational and engineering decisions at Reddit. Also, s/he will be developing and communicating transformative strategies and data insights to drive advertising performance at Reddit.
In general, the following are the main responsibilities of the Senior Data Scientist
- Partner with Ads Engineering & Product teams to help improve user experience and optimize advertiser ROI. Similarly, participate in designing, analyzing, and evolving our machine learning models.
- Identify, analyze and recommend the growth levers most critical to Reddit.
- Proactively design and execute in-depth exploratory analysis to shape product development and future roadmap.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to synthesize experiment results, qualitative research, and quantitative research into actionable next steps. Similarly, lead the development and adoption of predictive models to aid decision making.
- Present findings to leadership to drive roadmap decisions.
- Take responsibility for turning data into understanding by being active, insightful, educational and supportive in every conversation about data.
- In addition to that, be an integral part of the Data Org, leveraging and contributing to the data assets, shared across a school of world-class data experts.
In order to be eligible for the position of Senior Data Scientist, the candidates must have the following qualifications
- Advanced university degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science, electrical engineering or other quantitative disciplines.
- At least five years professional experience in a quantitative/scientific role at a consumer internet company. However, candidates with a Ph.D. degree can apply with just two years of experience.
- Prominent in predictive, statistical and machine-learning based modeling. Also,
- Proficiency in data extraction (SQL, etc.), data manipulation (Python, R, Scala, etc.) and advanced statistical languages (R, MATLAB, Pandas, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources (models, descriptive analysis and strategic goals) into concrete next steps for stakeholders.
- Also, familiar in explaining complex analytical concepts to non-experts and influencing decision makers.