This post is found in the Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (CTED), a special political mission supporting the United Nations Security Council’s Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC). The post is in the Technical Expertise and Research Branch, Human Rights/1624/CVE Cluster, and the incumbent reports to the Chief of Branch.
Within delegated authority, the Senior Human Rights Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Formulates human rights strategies, including from a gender equality perspective; develops a vision or direction for the work of the human rights unit and creates the conditions for implementing that vision or direction.
• Participates in and supports CTC visits to Member States to report on their compliance with relevant Security Council resolutions and to make recommendations on follow-up action, with particular reference to human rights.
• Advises the Executive Director on human rights matters
• Represents the Executive Director on matters of human rights.
• Designs, develops and implements significant policy and program changes to address regional or global human rights issues, including their gender dimensions.
• Formulates the programme of work of the unit and participates in the overall formulation and approval of the CTED programme of work..
• Prepares human rights reports on key developments.
• Develops and maintains relations with government officials and advises them on issues of relevance to counter-terrorism and human rights. Coordinates and oversees human rights research initiatives.
• Manages, coordinates, organizes and supervises other human rights officers.
• Performs other related duties as required
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|
|Company Name||United Nation|