Developing and sustaining high value donor, corporate and YMCA pipelines to support the delivery of a business development strategy.
Supporting the development and fostering of new and innovative products and services aligned with YCI’s strategy.
Managing volunteers or interns as required from time-to-time.
Main Responsibilities :
1. High value individual donors :
• Under the direction of the Business Development Manager and Fundraising & Marketing Director, develop plans for high value individual donor development
• Identify and develop necessary systems and processes to support the growth of high value income across the charity
• Develop a healthy pipeline of high value individual donors
• Create compelling, relevant and tailored funding proposals to prospective and existing major donor supporters
• Develop, establish and maintain a high net worth donor stewardship programme that delivers a compelling donor journey and results in high value giving and lasting donor relationships. This include delivering timely communications, first class reporting and extra initiatives including events to ensure donor satisfaction
2. Corporate income development :
• Under the guidance of the Business Development Manager, develop corporate pipeline and stewardship to maximise unrestricted funds raised
• Approach cold and warm leads with the view of selling packages and developing partnerships
• Build and develop sponsorship, corporate partnership, employee engagement and other relevant packages/services to win new support
• Create and deliver compelling pitch presentations for potential partners
• Undertake research on potential donors and analyse YCI’s programmes and products with a view to making approaches for support
• Investigate/develop new sources of funding from organisations across the UK, Europe and internationally
3. Wider partnership development :
• Lead cultivation, development and stewardship of UK and Irish based YMCAs giving to YCI
• Create compelling, relevant and tailored funding proposals or initiatives to prospective and existing supporters; building on initiatives including ‘Friends of Y Care International’
• Collaborate closely with all relevant YCI programme and partner staff to build opportunities for wider engagement of YMCA employees, trustees, supporters or communities in aide of YCI and the global YMCA movement
• Under the direction of the Business Development Manager and Fundraising & Marketing Director, develop other services, products or partnerships aligned with YCI’s strategy which generate income and build wider support
4. Marketing and relationship management :
• Working with the Communications team, produce marketing materials, plans for disseminating the materials effectively, and to deliver against those plans for high value donors and business interests
• Collaborate closely with all relevant YCI programme and partner staff to ensure information about our work is effectively captured, packaged and new products support materials are produced
• Attend networking events, identify potential partners, source and generate leads and develop new and existing contacts
• Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, influencers, and networks including accompanying donors on visits
• Together with the Business Development Manager liaise with YCI’s CEO and Trustees to effectively steward high value donors and partnerships
• Oversee YCI events where applicable
5. Financial & Key Performance Indicator reporting and accountability :
• Support the development, delivery and review of annual budgets, reforecasts and plans for relevant income streams
• Meet monthly key performance indicator reporting requirements across all three income streams
• Maintain, track and manage an organised and accessible filing and documentation system using the Raisers Edge CRM database for high value donors, corporate partnerships and YMCAs
Scope of role & limits of authority :
The Senior Partnerships Coordinator is required to:
• Work within the framework of the annual objectives set by the Business Development Manager and Fundraising & Marketing Director
• Take responsibility for their own work and for achieving the agreed tasks and objectives
• Be an active and effective member of the Fundraising & Marketing team
• Work with the Business Development Manager and Fundraising & Marketing Director, and other key staff to win new business and partnerships for YCI
• Together with the Business Development Manager develop new voluntary income, commercial opportunities or new product offerings which generate income managing this process from identification, research, development of business cases and proposals.
• Keep abreast of national and international funding opportunities, sector best practice and wider trends in order to identify unmet needs, spot opportunities and position YCI for success
• Work closely with all YCI’s staff to secure effective fundraising products and materials and provide accurate information as required
• Ensure the database (Raiser’s Edge) is regularly updated and effectively utilised to develop income pipelines and to provide management and financial reports
• Perform all other duties relevant to the post as required by the Business Development Manager and Fundraising & Marketing Director
• Keep abreast of fundraising developments across the charity sector through available information, liaising with staff in other charities etc.
• Model YCI values and maintain relationships of trust with all YCI stakeholders
• Work out of hours on occasion and as business deadlines dictate
YCI requires an energetic, diligent and target driven person with excellent relationship and communication skills and the determination to win support from existing and new sources of support and financial investment, to coordinate and deliver high value partnerships.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
• A university degree or equivalent in professional experience
• Professional qualification and/or training in fundraising
• Demonstrable interest and knowledge of youth-focussed international development including our focus on youth enterprise and employment (desirable)
Experience and Skills :
• Experience in raising large multi-year funding from high value donors/partnerships and corporates.
• Experience of raising funds for international development programmes (desirable)
• Excellent track record of developing new donor relationships and securing income from new donors and organisations
• Effective relationship development with senior contacts in organisations including high value donors
• Fundraising/investment product development for a range of supporters including writing high quality fundraising applications, donor reports and case study materials
• Track record of writing and/or adapting budgets for applications and proposals and financial report writing
• Experience of coordinating meetings and presentations for donors and funding prospect research
• Strong account management skills
• Excellent command of the English language including high level oral and written communication skills for sales/influencing/negotiating/networking, report and proposal writing
• Financial and budgeting skills with a confident working knowledge of Excel
• Good computer literacy skills, high level of competency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint) and ability to use a fundraising database (Raisers Edge)
Personal Characteristics :
• A confident communicator, able to make personal contacts and build relationships with existing and potential funders
• An approachable, empathetic and responsive style as a valuable and positive team player who inspires, mentors, encourages colleagues
• Ability to work on your own initiative to identify and create opportunities
• Able to work fast, flexibly, solve problems, and adapt to rapidly changing demands and opportunities and contribute to a friendly, inclusive and supportive environment with energy, enthusiasm and success
• Willingness and ability to undertake occasional overseas travel. During periods spent abroad, the post-holder will be expected to work unsocial hours.
• Understanding and sympathy for YCI mission and values related to promoting the interests of young people and communities
Terms and Conditions of Employment :
Y Care International creates opportunities for vulnerable young people across the globe to change their lives for the better. Inspired by and faithful to our Christian values, we work with people of all faiths and none to build a more just world, free from poverty.
This post is crucial to delivering effective communications of young people’s voices and impact of YCI programmes for vulnerable and disadvantaged young people around the world.
Commitment to Y Care International’s ‘Working with Children and Young People Policy’ is a requirement of employment. The successful candidate may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|
|Company Name||Y Care International|