Jobs at the International Potato Center in India
The International Potato Center is a research facility based in Lima, Peru, that seeks to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweet potato, other root and tuber crops, and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other mountain areas.
The International Potato Center is seeking motivated, energetic and qualified officer to handle the position of Senior Program Manager in Guwahati, a beautiful city in the Northern map of India. Jobs Vacancies at the International Potato Center in India is open to all the qualified members from the developing countries.
Roles and responsibilities
An office who fits on the position of Senior Program Manager will be accountable for following duties
- High-quality development interventions in close coordination with project partners.
- Take overall responsibility for all aspects of project implementation and reporting.
- Directly supervise an interdisciplinary team of specialists and report to Regional Director ASIA.
- Work closely with other CIP science teams at CIP regional office in New Delhi, India and its headquarter in Lima, Peru
- Ph.D. level degree in agriculture, social sciences or another relevant field with strong field experience.
- Strong experience of at least 15 years in the agriculture-related area, coordinating multi-institutional collaboration projects.
- Project Management-Budget Monitoring-Advanced studies in a specific field related to agriculture.
- field-based rural development project promoting agricultural or other technological innovation, preferably in potato in India and Asia.
- Excellent knowledge of innovation systems research and underlying social science methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience of coordinating multi-institutional collaboration in support of rural communities and their governance structures.
- Experience in fundraising research, technical reporting, and budget monitoring.
- Strong understanding of integrating gender and other social equity considerations into project design and delivery.
- Experience of coordinating rigorous M&E and hands-on technical reporting.
- Strong experience of using communication technologies as research and development tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are a must; additional communication skills in Hindi are an additional asset.
- Good record of scientific and technical publications.
- Willingness to travel frequently in-country and work under field conditions.