Senior Program Manager position is available at Medical Teams International.
Reporting to the Global Programs Director, the SPM oversees a defined group of activities with particular emphasis on Sudden Onset and Displacement programs. Also, the SPM will manage and mentor a small team of one or two Program Support Officers and one or two Country Directors/Managers.
- Contributes to Field Operations Department strategic planning and reporting.
- Moreover, mentors Country Directors/Managers in the strategic planning process.
- Supports Country Directors/Managers to develop, implement and monitor country strategies and annual work plans.
- Assists the Global Programs Director in the development and monitoring of country strategies, annual work plans, and reporting against strategic outcomes and indicators.
- Likewise, collaborates with the Global Programs Director, to develop and facilitate planning, leadership and capacity building events in designated countries.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for strategic program growth in assigned countries in collaboration with the Country Directors/Managers.
- Furthermore, collaborates with the Humanitarian Response Team to build humanitarian response capacity of assigned countries.
- Similarly, ensures the effective administration and management of field operations, staffing and systems, including logistics, local hiring, partnership development and program quality etc. according to agreed structures.
- Collaborates with HQ program staff to ensure that HQ reporting, information and data is current, for instance country information, Project Data System, Project Directory, and Funding Needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ progressively responsible experience in International relief and development programming.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience overseeing country programs.
- Furthermore, commitment to the mission & calling of Medical Teams International.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in strategic planning, achieving results, coordinating & supporting a diverse team, mentoring, and staff development.
- Commitment to organizational strengthening and programmatic growth in accordance with needs.
- Also, proven ability to produce successful program proposals and develop strategic donor relationships.
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing work team.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop leaders.
- Experience in creating an environment of accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead virtually.
- Above all, ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Experience as country director/manager with a humanitarian aid NGO.
- Competence in a second language, such as Spanish, French, Swahili, or Arabic