Jobs at Marvel Cinematic Universe, New York
Position: Senior Software Architect
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is an American media franchise and shared universe inclined on a series of superhero movies. Marvel Studios independently produces those movies that are based on American Comic Books Published by Marvel Comics. The franchise is one of the most commercially successful companies in Hollywood. International blockbuster movies like Iron Man series, Spider-Man series, Avenger series, etc are the product of Marvel Cinematic Universe.
MCU is seeking a highly expert Software Architect to work at a senior level. S/he will be contributing to systems design, cloud computing, and technology systems while working closely with Marvel’s product team on web and mobile products used by millions of users a month.
In particular, the incumbent will perform the following key functions
- Architects, designs, and implements applications that conform to a business need. Owning multiple subsystems of a large-scale system while playing a key role in the enterprise and consumer-facing projects.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems. Similarly, design and implement fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems.
• Reviews requirements as well as generate architecture documents.
- Provides rough order of magnitude estimate and also implements and performs unit, integration, and capacity testing.
- Write robust code and demonstrate its robustness through automated tests
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Proposes, develops, reviews as well as revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high-quality systems.
- Working with the department on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party technology partners
- 1st point of contact for in-house software engineering team for systems designs
- Support of web and mobile applications in a LAMP environment as well as mentor DevOps and Application Engineers
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other related fields.
- Extensive experience in managing Linux application servers (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS) as well as with fluid virtual infrastructures (AWS, OpenCloud, Rackspace Managed Cloud Services).
- Extensive knowledge of LAMP infrastructures including bash/shell scripting, filtering Apache/MySQL logs for analysis, and monitoring server performance using open source tools (Nagios).
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SSL as well as top-level knowledge of Network infrastructure devices (firewalls, Loadbalancers).
- Working experience with code repositories (SVN, Git) alongside Software Engineering processes like Agile.
- Experience using Release Management tools (Jenkins). Also, with scripting and programming languages (PHP, Ruby, PowerShell, Golang).
- Similarly, scripting experience with Infrastructure provisioning tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible).
- Strong understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests.
- Demonstrated experience on high-traffic websites for improving performance, employing best security practices, and ensuring scalability.
- Creative, strategic and critical thinker with high attention to detail. In addition to that, a strong sense of ownership and urgency is necessary.
- Furthermore, an ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.