Software Developer Jobs at IBM, India
IBM (International Business Machine) Corporation is an American multinational information technology company with headquarter in Armonk, New York. It BM produces and sells computer hardware, middleware, and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. On the other hand, IBM is also a major research organization. It holds the record for most U.S. patents generated by a business (as of 2019) for 26 consecutive years. Altogether, IBM operates in 170 countries.
Roles and responsibilities
The successful appointee Software Developer will carry out the following responsibilities
- Deliver/ implement features for Tooling component within FCI.
- Apply principles of Agile in day to day work.
- Participate in the planning of Epics and help architects and managers prepare estimations. Similarly, participate in, practice and help evolve the Agile Methodology
- Take part in daily scrums and technical initiatives for the organization as well as drive innovation within the product portfolio.
- Work on the development of functions and features as part of the overall Tooling strategy in the Financial Crimes Insight portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in the related field. However, a master’s degree would be an advantage. In addition to that, two years of software design and development experience
- Experience in Data Science related tools and technologies (Python / Spark / R).
- Knowledge with Docker/Kubernetes and Jenkins will be added advantage.
- Proven interpersonal skills and attitude as well as ability to understand complex data science requirements.
- Creation and improvement of software product documentation.