Strategic Fund Chief position available at the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) /Regional Office of the World Health Organization.
The primary objective of the Department of Health Systems and Services (HSS) is to strengthen health systems based on Primary Health Care, supporting universal health coverage. Its work encompasses the following areas: strengthening of health systems governance for social protection in health; strengthening of regulatory frameworks and financial protection for progressive realization of the right to health; organizing people-centered, integrated health service delivery; promoting access to and rational use of quality, safe, and effective health technologies; strengthening national health research systems, and promoting the integration of scientific knowledge into health care, health policies, and technical cooperation; and developing human resources for health.
- Lead and coordinate the continued development and operations of the PAHO Regional Revolving Fund for Strategic Public Health Supplies (the Strategic Fund (SF))
- Oversee and coordinate implementation of the Development Strategy for the PAHO SF with all relevant Organizational entities
- Conduct political and environmental analyses with all relevant Organizational entities on an ongoing basis
- Lead the development of internal management practices and procedures that will result in an improved offer of high-quality public health supplies at the lowest price to participating Member States
- Negotiate effectively with manufacturers of medical and public health supplies, as well as with international financing mechanisms in the context of the increasingly complex and dynamic global medical supplies market
- Mobilize resources in order to increase the technical support function of the SF
- Direct and participate in the development of policies and their implementation and provide authoritative advice in relation to policy and procedures under the areas of responsibility
US$ 85,543.00 annually
Qualifications and Requirements
- A bachelor’s and a master’s degree in a health or social science, business administration, management, public administration, economics, or other related field from a recognized institution.
- Thirteen years of combined national and international experience in the administration of large-scale programs and projects including pharmaceutical and other health technologies, policy and procurement/supply management of health commodities.
- Experience working in a multi-national or UN organization would be a preferred asset.
- Very good knowledge of English, Spanish or Portuguese, with a working knowledge of English. Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Project would be an asset.