Supply & Logistics Specialist (Common Services) position is available at United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF). Under the direct guidance of the Chief of Operations of the Common Services, this position will be responsible for the management of the supply and logistics operations for both the Regional Office of West and Central Africa based in Dakar and the country office of Senegal.
- Provide rapid and relevant responses to evolving supply needs and situations facing children and families, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- Furthermore, responsible for logistics/supply planning through coordination with Operations/Programme Sections.
- Provides technical advice on specifications, supply and logistics arrangements facilitating cost-effective efficient procurement, customs clearance, inventory management and distribution of supplies and equipment, in support of the country programme implementation.
- Likewise, participate in the Country Programme strategy planning preview and reviews
- Ensure sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular, accurate reporting
- Establish and maintain contacts with the Supply Division in Copenhagen on supply procurement and shipping policies.
- Act as secretary and adviser to the CRC.
- In addition, establish and maintain a system of contact with customs and port/airport immigration authorities at national ports of entry on the clearance of UNICEF supplies
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.)
- Five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Both national and international work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other related fields.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in French as well as English.