Supply Chain/ Logistics Officer position is available in World Food Programme (WFP). WFP is looking for talented professionals that would like to join its FIT Pool in Supply Chain and Logistics. With the launch of the Future International Talent (FIT) Pool, WFP seeks to build a pool of highly qualified, dynamic professionals of all levels who wish to work in any of WFP’s countries of operation, including emergency as well as hardship duty stations.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits, for instance basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
- Advanced University degree from a recognized university preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least 8 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience and a consistent track record in logistics or supply chain.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Furthermore, intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese required.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of corporate supply chain strategies, business models and solutions to meet operational requirements.
- Likewise, align service or country strategy, policies and programmes to the global supply chain strategy and the WFP Strategic Plan
- Also, analyze regional/country context and lead the design and management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks
- Design, plan and handle implementation of innovative supply chain operations, initiatives and large scale services
- In addition, drive continuous improvement and innovation initiatives, analyzing standard methodologies from the humanitarian and development fields, academia and the private sector.
- Lead supply chain planning and oversee and coordinate periodic planning across functions and with partners