Technical Adviser Jobs (for THAza Project) at FAO (Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations), Islamabad, Pakistan
FAO is seeking dynamic, caliber and expert Technical Advisor to serve in Pakistan. The position holder will be assisting the team and organization by serving technical advice and supervision in THAaza Project of Pakistan. Furthermore, he/she works closely with the Deputy FAOR, the Assistant FAOR, and program and provincial coordinators in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.
The successful appointee will have to perform the following duties
- Provides technical leadership assistance on the development, implementation, and evaluation of assigned programs/projects. Also, assists in the review of relevant documents and reports;
- Identify priorities, liaise with relevant parties; identifies follow-up actions;
- Assists in the coordination of programs as well as reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programs and projects and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies;
- Assists/supervises the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications;
- Contributes to consultative and other meetings, conferences, including proposals for agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations;
- Participates in activities such as structuring of training workshops and seminars; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Leads field missions, including the provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties;
- Provides advice to the Chief Technical Adviser regarding the development of policies and strategies, as well as national protocols and guidelines for projects with specific domains related to FAO’s work.
- Advanced University degree in Political Sciences, Economics, Agriculture, Sociology, or related field.
- Extent and relevance of experience in technical cooperation related activities.
- Seven years of relevant experience in technical cooperation related activities.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and sound knowledge of either Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
- Experience in working with intergovernmental bodies and multidisciplinary teams.