Lead Regional Technical Specialist (Rural Finance and Markets) position is available in the Strategy and Knowledge Department (SKD) of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). IFAD is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and also, advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
- Provides authoritative up-to-date professional advice on rural finance and markets to selected country programmes across the region, assisting and guiding country programme teams on pro-poor issues
- In addition, serves as Technical Lead for select project designs in the Region of particular complexity and/or strategic importance
- Likewise, leads corporate initiatives of relevance for the region and the respective area of technical expertise
- Provides substantive inputs to corporate events as well as technical management briefs
- Contributes to identify qualified technical consultants to be included in a corporate roster
- Leads the development of relevant policies and strategies linked to the country programs in the region
- Furthermore, represents IFAD in high-level technical policy fora that are of relevance for the region and rural finance/markets-related technical expertise
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced university degree from an accredited institution in the fields of : Agricultural Economics, Economics, Finance, Financial engineering, Business, and othe relevant disciplines.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of rural finance, markets, financial inclusion, private sector development and financing; particularly in the formulation of technical guidance and input to development programmes and projects; of which at least 3 of the 10 years of experience should be at the international level.
- Similarly, experience in international policy frameworks and ICT-based financial solutions relating to global issues is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and working knowledge of Arabic and/or French