Translating/Editing jobs in WHO, Thailand,
Under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative (WR) and direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will perform the following functions
- Provide ad hoc interpretation services to WHO staff attending steering committee meetings, technical working group meetings, conferences, official missions, workshops, meetings between international advisors and national consultants, as well as national counterparts.
- Provide translation (Thai-English and English-Thai) of legislation, advocacy, information materials, and reports, meeting documents, correspondence to/from the Government, national/international counterparts, etc.
- Proofread/Edit translated documents from other individuals who are related to WHO work in Thailand.
- Provide informal language training (Thai, English) to staff when requested.
- Organize all translated documents by placing them in the relevant libraries, databases and technical terms pages on the SharePoint.
- Manage the process of translation permissions in case of WHO HQ documents.
- Build and maintain a bilingual Thai-English glossary of relevant terminology, names of institutions and transliterations into English of frequently used Thai names.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- University degree from a recognized university. However, a university degree in translation, interpretation, or language study is highly desirable.
- In addition to that, at least two years of experience in simultaneous interpretation and translation in English and Thai. Similarly, relevant experience in a UN or other international organization with a similar format preferred.
- Skills on consecutive and simultaneous interpretation services (English/Thai).
- The ability to provide written translation services (English/Thai).Ability to work under pressure, use tact and discretion.
- Also, the knowledge of using computers and other office devices.