UN Job Vacancy at the US
Position: Programme Officer at the United Nations Environment Programme
The Program Officer will be doing the following duties
- Develops, implements and evaluates assigned programs/projects; monitors and analyzes program/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; and also identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; ensures follow-up actions.
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions as well as assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies,
- Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to memoranda, presentations and minutes.
- Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Similarly, initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Support, liaises and coordinates procurement and payments with internal stakeholders, vendors and other UN offices.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (program/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, etc.), change management and prepares related documents/reports (work program, program budget, and expenditure reports).
- Furthermore, supervises staff and performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Management, Information Technology, or another related field. However, bachelor degree candidates with two additional years of qualifying work experience can also apply.
- In addition to that, program management or project management certification (i.e. PMP, PCAS, PMI-ACP, CAPM, CSM, CompTIA Project+, Prince2) is necessary. IT Service Management Certification (i.e. ITIL, Cobit, TOGAF, BiSL) is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or program management related to investment management operations support.
- Relevant experience in an investment management organization focused on operations support as well as ITIL process and some ISO standards (i.e. 27001, 9001 and 22301).
- At least 5 years of experience with Agile methodologies as well as five years of work experience in an investment organization is desirable.
Click here to see more job vacancies.