UN Job Vacancy in Italy, Brindisi
Position: Team Assistant at United Nations Department of Operational Support
The Team Assistant will do the following tasks
- Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Monitors change and communicate relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Receives incoming pouches, incoming mail, express mail, and parcels; verifies airlines and courier documents and collects all incoming registered mail from Post Office and tracks the distribution of all mail, as well as pouch service;
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Monitors processes and schedules related to the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
- Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases.
- Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Screens phone calls and visitors; response to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit as well as performs data entry and extraction functions.
- Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
- Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; also coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
- Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications, etc.).
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for the work unit as well as performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements
- High School Diploma. In addition to that, a minimum of three years of relevant experience in general office support, administration, or related area is required.
- Experience utilizing office Software (Word Processors, Spreadsheets, Presentations, etc.), as well as experience in handling diplomatic pouch, is desirable.
- Similarly, experience in handling mail is desirable and also in handling postal and courier services is desirable.
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English. Furthermore, knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Click here to see more job vacancies.