UN jobs in China
United Nations Global Compact Office at Beijing, China is seeking caliber, energetic and dynamic Program Management Officer. S/he develops, implements and evaluates assigned projects related to the strengthening of, and recruitment of additional participants for, the UN Global Compact Local Networks in China.; monitors and analyzes the project development and implementation of the Knowledge Sharing System, and Local Networks social networking platforms; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with the Senior Programme Officer, Local Networks; also ensures follow-up actions to ensure further growth of Local Networks in China.
In addition to reporting to head of the Program, the incumbent will be doing the following duties
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with Global Compact Local Networks, by planning facilitating workshops, through interactive and local sessions and assisting in developing content and sessions of the UN Global Compact Academy. Also, research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of the governance structure of the Local Networks in China, prepares evaluations as well as other research activities and studies.
- Generates survey initiatives, designs data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets information, identifies problems and prepares conclusions.
- Organizes and prepares written outputs for the Global Compact Annual Local Network Report, this includes drafting background documents, analyses, sections of reports and inputs to publications, particularly as it relates to the status of Global Compact activities in China and the rest of Asia & Oceania.
- Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, and the preparation of documents and presentations.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities to strengthen collaboration with the Resident Coordinator and the UN Country Team. Similarly, conducts training workshops, seminars; make presentations on assigned topics and activities.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding that are in line with the Global Compact Funding Strategy and prepares related documents/reports.
- Furthermore, supervises junior staff and performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following duties
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, or related field. However, candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a combination of two years of additional qualifying work experience can also apply.
- In addition to that, seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or program management, administration or related area.
- Experience in corporate citizenship, and fostering more effective collaboration with policy dialogue is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Chinese is necessary. Furthermore, knowledge of any other UN official language will be an advantage.