UN jobs in Guinea
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst
The United Nations Population Fund welcomes applicants to apply for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst in Guinea. In general, the Monitoring and Evaluation Program Officer will be in charge of the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation strategy and plan. Also, will monitor and evaluate UNFPA programs and projects, and collect and provide the necessary data for reporting.
In particular, the incumbent will carry out the following specifications
- Participate in the design, development of the methodology and planning of situation analyzes monitoring of the implementation and evaluation of the country program, as well as all relevant research related thereto.
- Promote new methodologies and tools for data collection, monitoring/evaluation of interventions, projects, and programs.
- Contribute to the collection of data needed to update and monitor the implementation of the Office Management Plan (Strategic Information System) and the preparation of the Office Annual Report (COAR). Similarly, contribute to the database feed of the entire UNFPA assistance program in Guinea and other UNFPA units.
- Contribute to the preparation, organization, and participation in the statutory meetings of the Program (quarterly, annual) and also, coordinate the follow-up of the implementation of the recommendations emanating from these statutory meetings.
- Coordinate the monitoring of the implementation of recommendations emanating from activity reports, mission reports, and audit reports.
- Participate in field visits and evaluation missions and prepare contributions to status reports on interventions and projects. Also, analyze factors affecting the achievement of results, and recommend corrective actions and follow-up on these recommendations.
- Facilitate follow-up by other Program Managers, Work Plans under their responsibility. Also, make available up-to-date information on national consultants, population stakeholders).
- Encourage the improvement and harmonization of the content of the monitoring/evaluation tools; develop and implement a capacity-building program for the UNFPA program’s technical teams on monitoring and evaluation.
- Similarly, promote the use of tools and monitoring and evaluation approaches with implementing agents, (government structures, NGOs, etc.) partners of the program.
- Actively participate in the United Nations Program Group (UNP) in the implementation of UNDAF monitoring and evaluation mechanisms; support the UNDAF monitoring and evaluation program and UNCT joint work plans.
- Contribute to the animation of the Inter-Agency Monitoring and Evaluation Group (GISE) of the United Nations system.
- Furthermore, be available for any other administrative or program task, upon request.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Statistics, Public Health or in the field of development. In addition to that, a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in Program / Population Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Experience in the field related to maternal health, adolescent/youth reproductive health issues, or equality/gender equity.
- Ability to train on Monitoring and Evaluation and Results Based Management (RBM).
- Fluency in French and a good knowledge of English.
- Good capacity for analysis, synthesis and strategic planning. Similarly, excellent communication and negotiation skill.